Who To Call- Sick or Injured Wildlife


Sick or Injured Wildlife

  • The Animal Control Officer does not have the legal authority to respond to, move or otherwise interact with sick or injured wildlife.
  • If you see sick injured or orphaned wildlife, Granby Ma Animal Control is not licensed to rehabilitate.  It is almost always best to leave the wild animal alone, even if you find a young animal that seems weak or orphaned. Wild animals are protected by law. It is illegal to take an animal from the wild to care for or keep as a pet. If you determine that an animal is in need of care, you can contact a licensed wildlife rehabilitator for assistance. Find a wildlife rehabilitator.