Who To Call-Domestic Animal Non-Emergency


Domestic Animal Non-Emergency

If you need to speak with the Animal Control officer regarding a non-emergency domestic animal concern, contact the Animal Control Officer non emergency number 413-575-1994

Examples of Non-Emergency Calls


Lost Pet

Catch or pick up stray and or injured dogs

Return to owner (if known) or impound

Issue warning letters, citations, and/or fines when appropriate

Questions about pet vaccination requirements

Investigate complaints from the public and respond to each complaint according to the merit of the situation

Work with the Animal Inspector (link) on any suspected rabies exposure or other suspected infectious disease

Animal cruelty

Unlicensed cats/dogs